Heating and air conditioning repair are one of the many “joys” of household maintenance. Although every home should have a skilled HVAC repair specialist on hand, there are a few measures you can take yourself to ensure your heating and cooling system stays in tip-top shape:
- Inspect ducts, filters, blower, and coils for obstructions
- Look for leaks or pooling water around the system
- Check for cracks or broken sealants around the furnace or air conditioning system
- Examine outdoor handlers for fallen debris, grass or other outdoor items that could clog or deter your system from working properly
- Clean and/or replace filters every month – a clogged filter can inhibit your system from working properly
You can also reduce the number of repair calls by having your furnace and air conditioning professionally maintained every year. This will help you to avoid that emergency furnace repair call during the dead of winter.